Current Employment Opportunities - be sure to scroll to the bottom to see all open positions.
- Mechanical Design Engineer
Experience is preferred for the listed positions, but we are willing to train individuals with a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and ability to be a true team player.
If you are interested in any of the above listed positions, please stop in our office to complete an application. Please note we only accept applications between 9am-4pm (closed 12-1 for lunch), Monday - Friday.
Petersen Industries is a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for a position will be required to pass a mandatory drug test.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dedicated to design of new projects that relate to the bulky waste trash industries.
- Aid in 3D design of new mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and/or pneumatic assemblies, drafting of new and existing parts
- Create part numbers and numbering schemes, assign to drawings, models, and inventory tracking software.
- Tools/Fixtures: Work to design weld fixtures for production, aid in setup of new weld fixtures within robotic welders.
- Manufacturing Process: This position needs to understand our manufacturing processes. Manual Machining, CNC Machining, Sheet Metal, MIG Welding, CNC Burn Table, Fabrication and Assembly, Routings; his position will be required to estimate production costs for parts and know the steps for machining a part. Ability to read our technical drawings is a requirement.
- BS Degree or Technical Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience in the design of loaders/knuckle boom crane and like equipment
- Previous design of hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic circuits.
- Must be comfortable working with others or working independently with minimal supervision or guidance
- 5 years in a manufacturing environment, proficient with the process of Machining, Welding, Sheet Metal, and Fabrication
- 5 years of experience using 3D design software, with ability to learn Solid Edge Software. -Travel less than 10%
- Greater than 5 years in a Manufacturing Engineering environment.
- One year toll and fixture making knowledge and experience applied to the mentioned manufacturing processes (Machining, Welding, Sheet Metal, and Fabrication)
- Knowledge in all aspects and disciplines of Manufacturing
- Sitting, walking, standing in a noisy production environment.