Model RS-3 Lightning Rear Steer®
Great system for high volume route collection. The most advanced and efficient system for collecting trash on the market. Two features that set this unit apart are the ability to drive in reverse from the operator's station and not needing outriggers for most loading operations.
The Lightning Rear Steer® drives behind, and loads into separate haul trucks from a single lane. To learn more about the Lightning Rear Steer®, click on the "Watch a Video" tab below.
- Twin mechanical joystick controls
- Operator cab has air-conditioning, heat, air-ride seat and windshield wipers
- Operator cab also features all normal driving controls for driving backwards; brakes, acceleration, horn, etc.
- 20 ft. boom reach includes 4 ft. telescopic extension
- Large counter-weight and suspension locks add stability for loading
- Counterbalance valves on all boom cylinders for safety
- CONTROL OPTIONS: Greaseless dual walk-thru controls operational from either side of truck. Petersen also offers QUADSTICK® controls and stationary top mount controls with joysticks or valvehandles.
- OUTRIGGER STYLE: Out and down outriggers improve safety in traffic and reduce damage to streets.
- NO EXPOSED GEARS: Boom swing does not have any exposed pinion or bull gears. Petersen's rotary actuator boom swing method is lower maintenance.
- TELESCOPIC TIP EXTENSION: Four foot tip extension adds flexibility and maneuverability. Tip extension hoses are enclosed and protected.
- SINGLE POINT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Petersen Industries manufactures and installs both the grapple loader, including bucket and controls, and the trash dump body.
- HEIGHT: The standard dual walk-thru has an overall height of 11'3".
- SAFETY LOCKING VALVES: Boom cylinders have counterbalance valves, and outrigger down cylinders have pilot operated check valves to prevent leakdown or collapse in the case of hose rupture.
- BUCKET ROTATION: Continuous rotation for convenience.
- NO HOSES BELOW BUCKET ROTATOR: Reduced downtime due to elimination of hoses in bucket jaw area.
- ANTI-SCALPING: Reverse curve motion of bucket helps prevent scalping of lawns.
- WARRANTY: Three year structural, one year hydraulic.
|RUBBER TIRES (**)||OUTRIGGERS EXTENDED|
|RADIUS||OVER SIDE||OVER REAR||OVER SIDE||OVER REAR|
|10||4290 lbs||5475 lbs||5916 lbs||7960 lbs|
|16||1789 lbs||3053 lbs||3026 lbs||4960 lbs|
|20||1433 lbs||2560 lbs||2261 lbs||4100 lbs|
Weight of attachment to be subtracted from lift capacities. Standard Trash bucket weighs 960 lbs.
Radii are measured in feet from the center of rotation to the center of the bucket.
Safe working load with outriggers extended and machine on firm level ground does not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment.
**Safe working load with outriggers retracted and machine on firm level ground does not exceed 75% of vehicle tipping moment.
|Reach (From Centerline Rotation)||20 feet|
|Main Boom and Tip Boom||16 feet|
|Tip Extension||4 feet|
|Tare Weight (Empty)||21,920 lbs|
|Front Axle Weight||5,340 lbs|
|Rear Axle Weight||16,580 lbs|
All-purpose clamshell design, 4 feet wide with an opened width of 5 feet for large bites. High impact tempered steel used on bucket cutting edges for extended life. Reverse curve shape helps prevent scalping of lawns. Continuous rotation. No hoses below the bucket rotator.
|Body Style||Conventional Cab|
|Front Axle Rating||10,000 lbs|
|Rear Axle Rating||21,000 lbs|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating||31,000 lbs|
|Engine||210 HP Diesel|
Productivity increased by not needing to stow bucket between route stops. Two six function mechanical joysticks reduce maintenance compared to traditional designs. Tandem pump allows multiple loader func tions without power loss. When loading, travel speed is restricted. When traveling. loader movements are restricted.
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon bushings
used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with
hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Safety locking valves used on boom and outrigger cylinders.