Grapple Truck Models
Model HL-3 Hooklift Mount
The model HL-3 is a loader and body that can be used on a hooklift truck. Adds new capabilities to your truck without having to dedicate it full-time. Minimum rail length of 19 ft.
- Will not interfere with regular hooklift operations
- Body has separate dump hoist
- Three year structural, one year hydraulic warranty
- Change operations in just minutes
- Fast, clean drop procedures
- CONTROL OPTIONS: Greaseless dual walk-thru controls operational from either side of truck. Petersen also offers QUADSTICK® controls and stationary top mount controls with joysticks or valvehandles.
- OUTRIGGER STYLE: Out and down outriggers improve safety in traffic and reduce damage to streets.
- NO EXPOSED GEARS: Boom swing does not have any exposed pinion or bull gears. Petersen's rotary actuator boom swing method is lower maintenance.
- TELESCOPIC TIP EXTENSION: Four foot tip extension adds flexibility and maneuverability. Tip extension hoses are enclosed and protected.
- SINGLE POINT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Petersen Industries manufactures and installs both the grapple loader, including bucket and controls, and the trash dump body.
- HEIGHT: The standard dual walk-thru has an overall height of 11'3".
- SAFETY LOCKING VALVES: Boom cylinders have counterbalance valves, and outrigger down cylinders have pilot operated check valves to prevent leakdown or collapse in the case of hose rupture.
- BUCKET ROTATION: Continuous rotation for convenience.
- NO HOSES BELOW BUCKET ROTATOR: Reduced downtime due to elimination of hoses in bucket jaw area.
- ANTI-SCALPING: Reverse curve motion of bucket helps prevent scalping of lawns.
- WARRANTY: Three year structural, one year hydraulic.
The Petersen HL-3 Lightning Loader and 18 foot, 24 cubic yard body are mounted on a steel skid. Heavy-duty bumper on the rear of the body and outriggers on the front of the body allow for easy installation and removal of the unit. Loader is hydraulically locked to the chassis.
|Reach (from centerline rotation)||20 feet|
|Main Boom and Tip Boom||16 feet|
|Tip Extension||4 feet|
|Unit Weight (empty)||12,700 lbs|
|Outrigger Span||11 '8"|
|Storage Height (above vehicle)||8'4"|
|10 Foot Radius||7,100 lbs|
|16 Foot Radius||4,400 lbs|
|20 Foot Radius||3,200 lbs|
Weight of bucket and/or attachments must be subtracted from lift capacities shown. Standard bucket weighs appx. 1000 Ibs. Capacities shown do not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment with outriggers fully extended on firm, level ground.
All purpose clamshell design, 4 feet wide with an opened width of 5 feet. Replaceable bolt-on bucket blades made of high impact tempered steel. Anti-scalping bucket sides are pivot mounted to provide a horizontal closing action rather than a vertical digging motion. Sides are mechanically linked to single
hydraulic cylinder to ensure both sides close and open together. Continuous rotation. No hoses below bucket rotator.
Chassis & Hoist Requirements
The Petersen HL-3loader system requires a heavy-duty chassis & hook-lift hoist. The complexity of the system and diversity of chassis/hoist combinations available necessitates that Petersen check each one individually prior to sale. The following are minimum requirements:
|18ft, 24 cy|
|Cab to Trunion||174|
|Hoist Capacity||32,000 lbs|
|Effective Length||16ft 10in -17 ft 7in|
These are not complete chassis specifications. Call your Petersen representative about other possible
chassis arrangements and for complete chassis specs
18 feet, 24 cubic yard capacity is standard size.
3/16 in solid plate floor on cross members with 12 in centers.
Dual manual controls (greaseless) for outriggers and loader on both sides of truck for easy access and visibility. A "Grip Strut" serrated steel walk platform and steel handrail is included. Frame lock control lever is located at valve bank. Also available with QuadStick controls (mechanical six-function joysticks).
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon Bushings used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Counterbalance valves used on all boom cylinders and pilot operated check valves used on vertical outrigger cylinders.