Model DL-3 - High Capacity Loader
The DL-3 does more volume! Introducing the model DL-3, nicknamed “the Twister”. Engineered for high volume collection operations after hurricanes, icestorms, or tornadoes. Operated by dual mechanical joystick controls located at the stationary top-mount seat. The DL-3 is great for disaster cleanup, but is also versatile enough that you can use it for your regular bulky trash and brush collection routes.
- Faster than chipping and less invasive than a wheel loader
- Single operator turn-key system
- Great tool for hauling land clearing or site prep debris
- Duty cycle rated and proven
- Stationary top-mount mechanical joystick controls
- 40-45 cubic yard trash dump body
- ANSI Z245 Compliant
NO EXPOSED GEARS
TELESCOPIC TIP EXTENSION
SINGLE POINT OF RESPONSIBILITY
SAFETY LOCKING VALVES
NO HOSES BELOW BUCKET ROTATOR
|Reach (from centerline rotation)||20 feet|
|Main Boom and Tip 800m||16 feet|
|Tip Extension||4 feet|
|Tare Weight (empty)||36,660 lbs|
|Front Axle Weight||10,860 lbs|
|Rear Axle Weight||25,800 lbs|
|Outrigger Span||11′ 8″|
|Storage Height||12′ 5″|
|Dump Body Hoist Capacity||35 tons|
|Overall Height||12′ 4″|
|10 Foot Radius||7,100 lbs|
|16 Foot Radius||4,400 lbs|
|20 Foot Radius||3,200 lbs|
Weight of bucket and or attachments must be subtracted from lift capacities shown. Standard bucket weighs appx. 1000 lbs. Capacities shown do not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment with outriggers fully extended on firm, level ground.
All purpose clamshell design, 4 feet wide with an opened width of 5 feet. Replaceable bolt-on bucket blades made of high impact tempered steel. Anti-scalping bucket sides are pivot mounted to provide a horizontal closing action rather than a vertical digging motion. Sides are mechanically linked to single hydraulic cylinder to ensure both sides close and open together. Continuous rotation. No hoses below bucket rotator.
Sample Chassis Specification
|Body Style||Conventional Cab|
|Front Axle Rating||14,000 lbs|
|Rear Axle Rating||40,000 lbs|
|Tag Axle Rating||20,000 lbs|
|Gross Vehicle Weight Rating||74,000 lbs|
|Engine||340 HP Diesel|
These are not complete chassis specifications. Call your Petersen representative about other possible chassis arrangements and for complete chassis specs.
22 feet, 45 cubic yard capacity is standard size. Solid plate floor on cross members with 12″ centers.
Operator station is located on a stationary platform above the truck cab to provide good visibility of the loading area and of the inside of the dump body. Two mechanical six function joysticks located on either side of the operator seat control loader operation. Outrigger controls are located to the left of the operator seat. Body dump controls are located inside the chassis cab.
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon Bushings used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Counterbalance valves used on all boom cylinders and pilot operated check valves used on vertical outrigger cylinders.
Dual Walk-Thru Controls
Greaseless dual controls are operator friendly and maintenance free!
• DUAL CONTROLS: Control platform to be located directly behind conventional cab to allow operator access from the truck cab without ever having to touch the ground. A single bank of control valves to be mounted at the mid-point of loader, with control handles accessible from the operator platform on either side of truck. Control handle pattern must be the same on both sides of the truck for superior visibility. Control handles shall not require lubrication. A “Grip Strut” serrated steel walk platform is included.
QUADSTICK® mechanical controls
Completely mechanical! No high maintenance electronics!
• JOYSTICK (dual walk-thru): Petersen mechanical QUADSTICK® controls. Each of the four joysticks has six functions to control loader operation. Outriggers are controlled by two joysticks at the center of the operator platform. When applicable, body dump is controlled by a single lever at the center of the operator platform.
PATENT #7,353,652 B2
Stationary Top mounted controls
PI Stationary Top Mount controls give the operator a good view into the body for sorting.
• TOP MOUNT: Operator station is located on a stationary platform above the truck cab. The control valves are mounted under the seat, with the control handles between the operator’s legs for easy access. A ladder, safety railing, padded seat with arm rests, and seat belt are provided.
Top mounted joystick controls
Mechanically linked! No high maintenance electronics!
• JOYSTICK (top mount): Two mechanical six function joysticks located on either side of the operator seat control loader operation. Outrigger controls are located to the left of the operator seat.
4x12x12 rubber pads mounted on bottoms of outrigger feet help prevent outriggers from causing damage to curbs etc.
All purpose trash grapple
Petersen’s trash bucket is actuated by a single double-acting cylinder and capable of continuous rotation with no need for physical stops. The bucket motor, Model RE, has a 5,500 in. lbs. torque rating. Petersen buckets have the capability to be rolled over on the load without damage to any components, allowing for a maximum load while keeping boom height within acceptable limits. An anti-scalping feature is standard and advantageous for jobs requiring increased precision (ex: sidewalk removal).
The bucket also incorporates:
- 3/16″ plate, smooth steel clamshell scoop for leaves and sand
- End plates minimum of 5/8″ thick and of A-572 grade 50, 50,000psi steel
- A minimum of 5 ribs per side to handle branches, logs and appliances
- A trample ram in the center for compressing trash in body.
- Replaceable bolt-on bucket blades made of high impact tempered steel
The bucket is 4 ft. long with an opened width of 5 ft. between pickup blades. Anti-scalping bucket sides are pivot mounted to provide a horizontal closing action rather than a vertical digging motion. Sides are mechanically linked to single hydraulic cylinder to ensure both sides close and open together. There are no hydraulic hoses located below bucket rotator.
Crab – front load container attachment
No more chains!
The crab attachment can lift all sizes of standard front loader containers.
Head-Mounted Dual Strobes
Dual strobes mounted on the pedestal head.
Metal guards cover the valve bank and back of head assembly to protect operator on walk thru platform from hydraulic fluid in the case that there is a leak at these connection points.
Hose sleeves also available.
Only on walk-thru type controls.
Double wire braided hose
3/8” 100R2 double wire braided hoses. 4,000 working pressure. 16,000 burst pressure.
Grating Heat Shield for Walk-Thru Controls
Designed to shield operators from the radiant heat produced by the truck. Includes a flap of PVC belting that is bolted to the platform to cover the gap between the chassis cab and the platform, and two overlapping sheets of 18.5 in. wide 14 gauge sheet metal installed below the walking area of the grip strut platform.