Model CP-3 - Container Transport
Introducing the CP-3, Petersen’s newest Lightning Loader® system. This model was designed to add efficiency to the container transport process – save on fuel and labor costs while moving more cans in less time!
Carries three large containers at once, or multiple smaller ones.
Greaseless dual walk-thru controls operational from either side of truck. Petersen also offers QUADSTICK® controls and stationary top mount controls with joysticks or valvehandles.
Out and down outriggers improve safety in traffic and reduce damage to streets.
NO EXPOSED GEARS
Boom swing does not have any exposed pinion or bull gears. Petersen’s rotary actuator boom swing method is lower maintenance.
TELESCOPIC TIP EXTENSION
Four foot tip extension adds flexibility and maneuverability. Tip extension hoses are enclosed and protected.
SINGLE POINT OF RESPONSIBILITY
Petersen Industries manufactures and installs both the grapple loader, including bucket and controls, and the trash dump body.
The standard dual walk-thru has an overall height of 11’3″.
SAFETY LOCKING VALVES
Boom cylinders have counterbalance valves, and outrigger down cylinders have pilot operated check valves to prevent leakdown or collapse in the case of hose rupture.
Continuous rotation for convenience.
NO HOSES BELOW BUCKET ROTATOR
Reduced downtime due to elimination of hoses in bucket jaw area.
Reverse curve motion of bucket helps prevent scalping of lawns.
Three year structural, one year hydraulic.
Reach (from centerline rotation): 20 feet
Main Boom and Tip Boom: 16 feet
Tip Extension: 4 feet
Outrigger Span: 11′ 8″
Storage Height: 11′ 3″
Boom Lifting Capacity
10 Foot Radius: 7,100 lbs
16 Foot Radius: 4,400 lbs
20 Foot Radius: 3,200 lbs
Weight of attachment (440 lbs) must be subtracted from lift capacities shown. Capacities shown do not exceed 85% of vehicle tipping moment with outriggers fully extended on firm, level ground. Please note that lifting capacity is further limited by capacity of crab attachment.
Crab Attachment Features
Attachment claws open to 48 inches to accomodate standard front loading container pockets. Top of pockets must be a maximum of 42 inches from top of container. Limited to 4,000 lb. lifting capacity. Intended for use with empty containers.
Recommended Chassis Specification (Minimum)
Body Style: Conventional Cab
Cab-to-Axle Dimension: 192″
Front Axle Rating: 12,000 lbs.
Rear Axle Rating: 21,000 lbs.
GVWR: 33,000 lbs.
Frame: 1,500,000 RBM
Engine: 210 HP Diese
Standard body is 22 ft long with low sides for easy loading. Floor constructed of 3/16″ plate with crossmembers on 12″ centers.
Dual manual controls (greasless) for outriggers and loader on both sides of the truck for easy access and visibility. Also available with “QuadStick,” dual joystick controls.
A-frame pedestal design allows flexing under repeated load shocks. Replaceable Cast Nylon bushings used in head assembly. Head assembly is stress relieved. Reinforced connection points with hardened pins and replaceable bushings. Counterbalance valves used on boom cylinders and pilot operated check valves used on vertical outrigger cylinders.
Dual Walk-Thru Controls
Greaseless dual controls are operator friendly and maintenance free!
• DUAL CONTROLS: Control platform to be located directly behind conventional cab to allow operator access from the truck cab without ever having to touch the ground. A single bank of control valves to be mounted at the mid-point of loader, with control handles accessible from the operator platform on either side of truck. Control handle pattern must be the same on both sides of the truck for superior visibility. Control handles shall not require lubrication. A “Grip Strut” serrated steel walk platform is included.
QUADSTICK® mechanical controls
Completely mechanical! No high maintenance electronics!
• JOYSTICK (dual walk-thru): Petersen mechanical QUADSTICK® controls. Each of the four joysticks has six functions to control loader operation. Outriggers are controlled by two joysticks at the center of the operator platform. When applicable, body dump is controlled by a single lever at the center of the operator platform.
PATENT #7,353,652 B2
Stationary Top mounted controls
PI Stationary Top Mount controls give the operator a good view into the body for sorting.
• TOP MOUNT: Operator station is located on a stationary platform above the truck cab. The control valves are mounted under the seat, with the control handles between the operator’s legs for easy access. A ladder, safety railing, padded seat with arm rests, and seat belt are provided.
Top mounted joystick controls
Mechanically linked! No high maintenance electronics!
• JOYSTICK (top mount): Two mechanical six function joysticks located on either side of the operator seat control loader operation. Outrigger controls are located to the left of the operator seat.
4x12x12 rubber pads mounted on bottoms of outrigger feet help prevent outriggers from causing damage to curbs etc.
All purpose trash grapple
Petersen’s trash bucket is actuated by a single double-acting cylinder and capable of continuous rotation with no need for physical stops. The bucket motor, Model RE, has a 5,500 in. lbs. torque rating. Petersen buckets have the capability to be rolled over on the load without damage to any components, allowing for a maximum load while keeping boom height within acceptable limits. An anti-scalping feature is standard and advantageous for jobs requiring increased precision (ex: sidewalk removal).
The bucket also incorporates:
- 3/16″ plate, smooth steel clamshell scoop for leaves and sand
- End plates minimum of 5/8″ thick and of A-572 grade 50, 50,000psi steel
- A minimum of 5 ribs per side to handle branches, logs and appliances
- A trample ram in the center for compressing trash in body.
- Replaceable bolt-on bucket blades made of high impact tempered steel
The bucket is 4 ft. long with an opened width of 5 ft. between pickup blades. Anti-scalping bucket sides are pivot mounted to provide a horizontal closing action rather than a vertical digging motion. Sides are mechanically linked to single hydraulic cylinder to ensure both sides close and open together. There are no hydraulic hoses located below bucket rotator.
Crab – front load container attachment
No more chains!
The crab attachment can lift all sizes of standard front loader containers.
Head-Mounted Dual Strobes
Dual strobes mounted on the pedestal head.
Metal guards cover the valve bank and back of head assembly to protect operator on walk thru platform from hydraulic fluid in the case that there is a leak at these connection points.
Hose sleeves also available.
Only on walk-thru type controls.
Double wire braided hose
3/8” 100R2 double wire braided hoses. 4,000 working pressure. 16,000 burst pressure.
Grating Heat Shield for Walk-Thru Controls
Designed to shield operators from the radiant heat produced by the truck. Includes a flap of PVC belting that is bolted to the platform to cover the gap between the chassis cab and the platform, and two overlapping sheets of 18.5 in. wide 14 gauge sheet metal installed below the walking area of the grip strut platform.